Monday, November 21, 2011

Photo Thank You Cards

I always write thank you cards. It's a nice old-fashioned way of letting someone know that you appreciate their thoughtfulness.

So here are a few ideas:

1.These are adorable!

These would be good for a child who can scribe or could write.


2.For a child that could draw or write a thank you.

These are nice, all purpose cards! Love the avatar.


3. For a smaller child (like my 3 year old!)


Love this idea. But, I didn't have a recent portrait. Hmmm. Then I thought, why not include a photo of my child playing/wearing/doing something with the gift and put it in the card with the recipient?

I thought- I could print out a photo and use double-sided tape on the photo of my son.

I started off by keeping my camera close, and every time I saw my son with a present, I would snap a decent pic, to be printed later.

Then I went to Picnik to put the words on. I have a decent printer, but didnt want to try and figure out how to put the cards through it. So, I thought- I might be able to put text on a background photo and add it to the card. Then I could print it out for everyone, and use said double-sided tape and add it to the card. This is my version:



So- all I needed was cards. I thought I might have saw some at the dollar store- And yes! There they were. Plain white. Love them. Perfect for my two photos. And best of all, I just needed to print the thank you for everyone, and then one copy of each photo to match the gift-giver. No writing required. (ok, maybe the envelope!)

I also included a photo of my son with the recipient's gift. For those that I didn't catch him playing with, I used a photo of him blowing out his candles.



Note: I saw cards like the first ones pictured above at Dollarama for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment