Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Curls Without Heat - Part 1- Rambo Headband

So, I have long hair. It's a bit wavy but more annoying than cute.

I have 2 sets of hot rollers under my bathroom sink that I never use. I also have a few curling irons and a flat iron or two that I never use either! Being a busy work at home mom means I usually do not take the time to use heat appliances to make my hair fancy. Because 1.Inevitably I have to wait for it to be ready. And my son will have to see what it is and touch it. and 2. It's just too much of a bother.

While perusing YouTube one evening, I found this:
Curls Without Heat

There are several other ways to do it, but this one looked the easiest and the fastest (takes me about 5-10 minutes to get it wrapped and less than 5 to get it out the next morning).

I had bought one of those "no-slip" headbands from Goody, and of course it slipped, so it was just sitting there in my bin of hair stuff.

So I thought, I will try it.

Please note: I have alot of thick, long hair, and this worked like a charm. You could use it for any length of hair, but I would think shoulder length or longer would work best. As you can sorta see from the photo, the curls dont' start until the top of your ears (which you can't notice on long hair). It's worth a try though!

Basically you put the headband on like RAMBO (as my husband would say). Start on one side and wrap hair around the headband (loose or tight- depends on the curls you want). The next section you pick up the tail of hair you just wrapped along with more hair (kinda like a french braid). You do this on both sides, and then MacGyver something at the back. (I twisted the ends in a bun and put a bobby pin).

Then, you go to sleep.
I look worse than Sly Stallone. Can't remember if this was before I went to bed or when I woke up, Either way, scary!


It's easy to get out in the morning and you have great curls that last all day.



A couple more shots for you. The curls are big and bouncy!

A bit of makeup and some hairspray and you are all fancy!

Try it!

1 comment:

  1. you my dear are GORGEOUS! even in the rambo headband! I love that....I need long hair!

    ReplyDelete